Error Code 138
Error Code 138: PRINTER FAILED WHILE PRINTING TO THE RECEIPT PRINTER
1. Verify that there is paper in the printer. Replenish paper as needed.
2. Release the printer locking screw. Open the printer support bracket and verify that there are no jams in the printer or the paper path. Verify the blue lever on the left side of the printer is in the print position.
3. Inspect the cable supplying DC power from the power supply to the printer. Make sure it is connected to CN1 on the printer control board. Verify that all DC voltages applied to the printer control board are correct. If the votages are not within tolerance, the cable or power supply may be defective.
4. Inspect the printer data cable for damage. Make sure it is seated at the main board and at the printer control board at CN6.
5. Inspect the cables connected to CN2, CN3, CN4, and CN5. Make sure they are seated at the printer control board and not damaged.
6. If the voltages are correct and the cables are undamaged and correctly connected, causes of this error may be a defective cable, a defective printer, printer control board, or main board.